HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Abode Property Management (NW) LTD promise to keep your information safe and secure.
- We promise to never sell or trade your personal information.
- We will give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
- We keep a record of when and how we get consents and what you were told at the time.
HOW THE LAW PROTECTS YOU
The law says we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data
- To fulfil a contract with you.
- When it is our legal duty.
- When it is in our legitimate interest (which we must define).
- When you consent.
Transparency means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data.
GROUPS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FINANCIAL – Your financial position, status and history.
CONTACT – Where you live and methods to contact you.
SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC – Details about your work, nationality, education (especially students).
TRANSACTIONS – Details of payments you make to us.
CONTRACTUAL – Details about the products or services we provide to you.
COMMUNICATIONS- What we learn about you from letters, emails and conversations between us.
OPEN DATA AND PUBLIC RECORDS – ie: Electoral Information, Internet, Newspapers.
DOCUMENTARY DATA – ie: copies of identification documents.
CONSENTS – How you agree we can contact you.
NATIONAL IDENTIFIERS – ie: National Insurance Number
We collect Data from Third Parties such as social networks, fraud prevention agencies, public information services.
WE MAY SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
- HMRC , Regulators and other similar authorities.
- Credit Reference Agencies.
- Fraud Prevention Agencies.
- Any party linked to you (e.g. Joint Tenant/Guarantor)
- Workmen or contractors needing to enter your property.
- Companies you ask us to share data with (e.g. Homelet).
- If you use direct debits we will share your data with the Direct Debit scheme.
- Future landlords and letting agents who contact us for a reference at the end of your tenancy.
- Should we opt to sell our business, we will only do this if the new owner can agree to keep your information safe.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES
We will share information with CRA’s and they will give us information about you. The data we exchange can include:
- Name , address date of birth.
- Application form details.
- Financial situation and history.
- Public Information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess if you can afford the property.
- Make sure what you have told us is the truth.
- Help detect and prevent fraud.
- Track and recover debts.
On a joint tenancy, CRA’s may link your data to other joint tenants. You can ask CRA’s to break the link but you normally have to prove you no longer have a financial link with them.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DATA WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU A TENANCY.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
- We will keep it as long as you are a client.
- After you stop being a client, we may keep data for up to 10 years for one or more of the following reasons:
- To respond to questions or complaints or
- To show why we have treated you fairly or
- For historical research and statistical purposes.
- In the case of legal action of any kind.
You can access personal information by writing to us at:
Abode Property Management (NW) LTD
Hyde Park House
You can also ask us to correct any information you believe to be incorrect. We do not have to provide information where the request is disproportionate or has already been given previously .