What legal requirements do I have to have?

When letting a property an annual gas safety certificate must be in place prior to move in and a ten yearly energy performance certificate must be in place at the advertising stage.

If you provide appliances annual pat testing is advised but not a legal requirement. The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 require that any electrical equipment that has the potential to cause injury is maintained in a safe condition. However, the Regulations do not specify what needs to be done, by whom or how frequently (i.e. they don’t make inspection or testing of electrical appliances a legal requirement, nor do they make it a legal requirement to undertake this annually)

You must have buildings insurance, this will have been requested through your mortgagee or at the point of purchase.

As an agent we ensure that the Gas Safety and EPC element of your requirements are in place and keep copies on file electronically and in paper format.