Do I need an accountant?

If you have a property portfolio you will need to submit annual accounts showing the profits you have made. It is possible to do your own book keeping through many of the great simple to use accounting software packages that are available. I use Xero.

If you are in full time employment your rental income may affect your tax liability so I would always seek the advice of an accounting professional.